Latest from Anfield: Transfer Chief Drops Salah Stance on Saudi Move as Liverpool Legend Makes Transfer Demand

Liverpool, currently leading the Premier League, anticipate a record-breaking crowd at Anfield this Sunday as they face a struggling Manchester United team.

Despite a 10-point gap in the Premier League table, Reds fans view this Sunday’s match as the highlight of the season. Jurgen Klopp, not overly worried about the 2-1 defeat to Union Saint-Gilloise in the Europa League group stage on Thursday, acknowledges that his team had already secured the top spot and fielded a weakened lineup.

A crucial period looms for Liverpool, starting with the clash against Manchester United, followed by a League Cup quarter-final against West Ham, and concluding with a showdown against Arsenal on December 23.

Liverpool’s match at Anfield kick-off at 4:30 pm, and they could find the need to secure a victory to reclaim the top position. Arsenal stand poised to temporarily displace them should they emerge victorious against Brighton earlier in the day.

Now, let’s delve into the most recent updates from Anfield…

Mohamed Salah’s Stance on Saudi Transfer

The Saudi Pro League transfer chief suggests that Mohamed Salah is not expected to depart from Liverpool during the January transfer window.

Read Also  Five Reasons Why Liverpool Can Win the Premier League Title This Season

“Mo Salah, like [Lionel] Messi, [Karim] Benzema, [Cristiano] Ronaldo and the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, these are players that when there is a sense of availability for them, we are willing to listen,” the league’s director of football Michael Emenalo, told Sky Sports News. “But we also understand that Mo is happy where he is at present and in a historic, wonderful club at Liverpool.

“We respect that very much and we don’t want to come across as putting any pressure on him. But if there is any interest to do something, Mo Salah is a player that you want in your league, in any league.”

Jamie Carragher Makes January Transfer Demand

Jamie Carragher is urging Liverpool to acquire a dedicated holding midfielder in the January transfer window, aiming to bolster Jurgen Klopp’s efforts in maintaining their Premier League title race.

“Liverpool are top of the league and I am not really sure how,” Carragher wrote for the Telegraph. “The league table says one thing but my eyes tell me something else.”

Read Also  Report Names Two Players Xabi Alonso Will Lure to Anfield If Appointed Liverpool Manager

He added: “The balance of the team is still not quite right, and it is hard to imagine it will be without a ready-made defensive midfielder. 

“The much talked about new midfield is not fully functioning yet, the trio of Szoboszlai, Alexis Mac Allister and Ryan Gravenberch impressing in moments rather than in back-to-back fixtures.”

“For Liverpool to maintain their position at the top, that has to change and the additions must raise their level from promising and occasionally good to consistently outstanding.

“A decision may be looming in January regarding a top number six. If there is one out there, why not push for it now rather than wait?”

In other Liverpool news, Jamie Carragher Suggests One Signing Liverpool Should Make in January to Win the Premier League

Share your thought